Recovery after exercise is essential to muscle and tissue repair and strength building. A muscle needs anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to repair and rebuild, and working it too hard or too soon simply leads to painful inflammation and tissue breakdown instead of building.
Unfortunately, most people don’t have an after-exercise recovery plan. Here are some tips to get your post-workout plans on track.
- Replace Lost Fluids – You lose a lot of fluid during exercise and ideally, you should be replacing it during exercise, but filling up after exercise is an easy way to boost your recovery.
- Refuel – After depleting your energy stores with exercise, you need to refuel if you expect your body to recover, repair tissues, get stronger and be ready for the next challenge. Ideally, you should try to eat within 60 minutes of the end of your workout and make sure you include some high-quality protein and complex carbohydrate.
- Stretch – After a workout, gentle stretching is a must. This is a simple and fast way to help your muscles recover.
- Rest – Time is one of the best ways to recover from just about any illness or injury and this also works after a good workout. Your body has an amazing capacity to take care of itself if you allow it some time. Resting and waiting after a workout allows the repair and recovery process to happen at a natural pace.
- Supplement – Curamin Extra Strength from Terry Naturally is made from the most clinically studied, enhanced absorption curcumin in the world, called BCM-95. This specialized curcumin contains turmeric essential oil with ar-turmerone and is significantly better absorbed than plain curcumin to bring you powerful pain relief.